Rugby's Biggest Fireworks Event - Gates open at 4:30pm!
Clifton Road / Butlin Road
Gates will open at 4pm and entry is from Clifton Road only (all other entrance points to the park will be fenced off and staffed with security)
Free Park & Ride
Council run town centre car parks (list below) will be available to park in free of charge after 4pm and there will be a free shuttle bus service to the event every 15 minutes.
The shuttle bus service will run from Clifton Road Bus Stop outside Lawrence Sherriff School to pick up customers for the display and the drop off point will be on the corner of Eastlands / Clifton Road. Customers returning to town after the event (from 8pm onwards) will be dropped off at the Clifton Road Bus Stop outside Lawrence Sherriff School.
Alternatively the walk from the town centre along Clifton Road to Whinfield Park will take 10 – 15 minutes.
Please do not drive to the venue or park on any of the adjoining streets as these need to be kept free for local residents and emergency services. In addition to this, some of the main access roads, including part of Clifton Road will be cordoned off during the event.
The park is accessible for most disabled persons with mobility aids such as wheel chairs and scooters.
Car parking for disabled persons is available at the venue. Disabled parking is only available to persons in the Blue Badge Scheme.
For disabled parking details, please contact us in advance.
Free Town Centre Car Parks
- North Street,
• Chestnut Field,
• Evreux Way,
• Newbold Road,
• Little Church Street,
• Railway Terrace,
• Gas Street
• Old Market Square
For your own safety and welfare please observe the following when attending the event:
- Weather Protection– Protect yourself from the weather on the night of the display and prepare for the cold and the wet. Given the time of year you are likely to need a warm coat, and possibly a warm hat, gloves and scarf
- Footwear– The ground may be wet and muddy so wear footwear that enables you to walk easily on wet, potentially muddy grass, and will prevent you from slipping
- Pushchairs– Avoid using a pushchair that will be hard to use on wet and potentially muddy grass
- Sparklers and Fireworks– You are not allowed to use sparklers or fireworks within Whinfield Park. You will not be allowed entry into Whinfield Park carrying sparklers or fireworks. If you are caught using sparklers or fireworks within Whinfiled Park you will be evicted immediately from the park with no refund or right of re-admission
- Alcohol and drugs– You are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs within Whinfield Park. You will not be allowed entry into Whinfield Park if you are drunk or are suspected of being under the influence of drugs. If you are caught consuming alcohol or drugs within Whinfiled Park you will be evicted immediately from the park with no refund or right of re-admission
- First Aid – For minor medical issues – the First Aid station is located in the centre of the park next to event control.IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 999– give your location as the RUGBY FIREWORKS DISPLAY – WHINFIELD PARK, CLIFTON ROAD, RUGBY.Inform an event marshal, steward or security guard who will get assistance from the emergency first aid team on site.
- Lost Children– The lost children point is located in the centre of the park next to event control